Ro-Tap TEST SIEVE SHAKERS
W.S. TYLER developed the Ro-Tap Test Sieve Shakers in the early 1900s. Until that time, sieving was primarily performed by hand. The design intent was to replicate and mechanize the hand motions. Today, the Ro-Tap Test Sieve Shaker, with its rotating movement and tapping energy, provides for the most consistent, repeatable sieving analysis results.
The Ro-Tap is the required test sieve shaker in many industrial specifications. Currently, there are no industry standards governing the calibration of the unit itself. W.S. Tyler recommends the product users develop their own quality control program.
Today, the Ro-Tap is available in 5 models. The RX-29 for 8” test sieves, RX-30 for 12” test sieves, RX-94 Duo Shaker for two 8” test sieve stacks, RX-29 E (Electronic) for 8” sieves, RX-30 E (Electronic) for 12” sieves, and RX-812 Coarse Sieve Shaker. Metric equivalents: 8” diameter = 200mm diameter and 12” diameter = 300mm. Contact Us >
VIDEO—How to Perform a Test Sieve Analysis
Click to View
The Ro-Tap Test Sieve Shaker series are available in 110v or 220v power options. The Ro-Tap E units
are CE Approved. All test sieve shakers are supplied with an operations manual, including unit diagrams that feature parts schematics. The units are well built, durable, and require little, if any, maintenance.
RX-29, RX-30, and RX-94 Duo
• For material analysis 2” down through 20um (US # 635)
• Oscillations per minute: 278 +/- 10.
• Displacement 1.125” x 0.4375”.
• Taps per minute: 150 +/- 10
RX-29 E and RX-30 E Premium Sieve Shaker
• Controlled Amplitude for Consistent Results
• Laboratory table-top Design, small foot space, and quiet operation
• Two settings for fine and coarse sieve analysis with three dimensional action
RX-812 Coarse Sieve Shaker
• For analysis of particles US #100 (150um) and larger. Oscillating movement only.
• Supplied with adaptor for 8” and 12” test sieves
Contact Us >
Test Sieve Shaker Accessories
• Sound Enclosure Cabinet (RX-29, RX-30, & RX-94): Reduces dbA to approximately 75.
• Test Stand (RX-29 & RX-30): Fast, secure installation of Ro-Tap Shakers
• Shaker Parts Maintenance Kits: Recommended to minimize down-time due to minor repairs
• Material Sample Preparation: Sample Splitters, Sample Reducer, and Spinning Riffler
Follow this link to read more about WS Tyler's Test Sieve products >